Here is my list of the best business books to read in 2012
I could take the time to read a fiction book, but I don’t. I would rather read websites, newspapers, magazines, looking for ideas and concepts that I can use. I spend time in bookstores because one idea from a book or magazine can make me money.
The edge is knowing that you have to be the smartest guy in the room when you have your meeting and you are going to put in the effort to learn whatever you need to learn to get there.
Mark Cuban, How To Win At The Sport Of Business
I’m starting a personal one-man club for the irrational lovers of business books.
I’m in it. You can follow along on your own.
Below is the list of the business books I’ll be reading (or in some cases, re-reading) in 2012.
I aim for five business books a month, and will read them in the order they appear below. In addition, I aim to review them in this order as well.
52 of the Best Business Books To Read In 2012
The reading list has been influenced by the good people at ReadItFor.Me (aff) who have compiled a great resource for those low on time but high on knowledge-hunger.
- 7 Lessons For Leading In Crisis by Bill George
- A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
- The Art of Choosing by Sheena Iyengar
- Awesomely Simple by John Spence
- Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- The Blue Sweater by Jacqueline Novogratz
- Brain Rules by John Medina
- Brains On Fire by Robbin Phillips et al.
- Breakthrough Rapid Reading by Peter Kump
- Change By Design by Tim Brown
- Content Rules by Ann Handley and CC Chapman
- The Design of Business by Roger Martin
- Different by Youngme Moon
- Do More Great Work by Michael Bungay Stanier
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- The Element by Ken Robinson
- Engage by Brian Solis
- Evil Plans by Hugh Macleod
- Fascinate by Sally Hogshead
- Fierce Leadership by Susan Scott
- Flip The Funnel by Joseph Jaffe
- Good To Great by Jim Collins
- Great By Choice by Jim Collins and Morten T. Hansen
- Ignore Everybody by Hugh MacLeod
- Influencer by Kerry Patterson et al.
- The Leadership Challenge by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
- Love Is The Killer App by Tim Sanders
- Made To Stick by Chip and Dan Heath
- Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky
- Mindset by Carol Dweck
- Moonwalking With Einstein by Joshua Foer
- Neuromarketing by Thomas Nelson
- Never Eat Alone by Keith Ferrazzi
- The New How by Nilofer Merchant
- New Social Learning by Tony Bingham and Marcia Conner
- Newsjacking by David Meerman Scott
- Peak by Chip Conley
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman
- Positioning by Al Ries and Jack Trout
- Presentation Zen by Garr Reynolds
- Read This Before Our Next Meeting by Al Pittampalli
- The Referral Engine by John Jantsch
- Results Rule by Randy Pennington
- The Shibumi Strategy by Matthew May
- Switch by Chip and Dan Heath
- The Shift by Lynda Gratton
- The Whuffie Factor by Tara Hunt
- Think Better by Tim Hurson
- Whale Hunting by Tom Searcy and Barbara Weaver Smith
- Where Good Ideas Come From by Steven Johnson
- Willpower by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney
And, voilà – the entire list.
If you want to join me on this journey of brain-enlargement, then sign up to my list, below or top right, and you’ll get my reviews in your inbox about once a month.