[This is an email that went out to my newsletter list today. If you're not on it, I suggest you sign up immediately.]
So most of the time you get a “correction” or a [FIXED] email from a marketer, it’s a pile of horsepit.
It’s just another excuse to get you to click the link they want you to click.
But in this case – and as so many of you pointed out – we FACTUALLY got the timing of tomorrow’s webinar wrong.
That’s been fixed now.
I sent a group of Armenian thugs to Danny’s house in Montreal. They remedied the situation immediately with the help of pliers and a cheese-grater.*
But then our servers exploded under the enormous rush of sign ups.**
… and our conference line only takes 25,000 and there are already 26,000 of you registered.***
Tomorrow’s live training event with Danny Iny and me will show you how to get your audience eating out of your hand.
… and forgiving you when you make stupid mistakes like sending out the wrong time for a webinar.
… and buying more of your stuff more frequently.
Click here to join us and learn how to do this stuff right.
* that’s not true.
** nor that
*** nope, not even
Because you’re not an idiot I’m not going to tell you what you want to hear.
If I were to pander to you, or if you were to pander to YOUR audience, you’d get a lot of “positive feedback”.
Which is worth zip. We’re interested in results.
But it would be the easy way to make you feel great.
In fact, it’s really easy, in this line of work, to make money telling people what they want to hear.
It’s also often dishonest.
“The universe will provide”
“It’s OK if you’re not having sales conversations – they’re difficult”
“The EASIEST system EVER for [MORE FRICKING SUPERLATIVES]“
But you’re not an idiot.
And I refuse to treat you like one.
If I ever post a Facebook update that sounds anything like
“and remember, YOU are ALL you need, because you’re endowed with the power of the great divine mother earth #empowerment #brainmush #crystalsandshit”
… then you can be sure I’ve gone soft in the head.
And you can shoot me.
Because you’re not an idiot, you’ll know that this Friday’s webinar with Danny Iny is a promotional webinar.
(and a damn fine one too – if you want to see how it’s done properly, come along)
At the end of it, you’ll be given the choice to continue your relationship with him, or politely decline his offer.
And because you’re not an idiot, you’ll make the decision that is right for you.
It’s for you if you want to learn to treat your audience with the respect they deserve and get them responding to you like humans with brains.
That’s why I’m hosting it. Because it’s right.
It’s also why I’m not suggesting you buy the latest Warrior Forum special offer on “FINALLY … exploding your income with FREE traffic that Google doesn’t want you to know about!!!111^”
Join me and Danny on Friday’s webinar and learn how to grow your audience and your business in 2013.
I personally vouch for him.
Because you’re not an idiot, you can be sure that means a great deal.
It’s tough trying to grow your business when nobody has heard of you.
And it’s tougher still to sell stuff to people who don’t know your name.
But there’s hope.
Look at this example:
Two years ago nobody had heard of Danny Iny.
(BTW, I’m doing an open live training session with him this Friday)
Out of nowhere (relatively), this happened:
- He sold 800 copies of his online course – Write Like Freddy – at $137 a pop (do the math).
- He got 7,568 subscribers in a 5 month period.
- He edited and published a bestselling book, “Engagement from Scratch” with 100+ 5-star reviews on Amazon.
- He got some of the biggest names in online marketing, content creation and audience-building on speed-dial.
- He wrote for Copyblogger, Problogger, Get Rich Slowly, Think Traffic, Smashing Magazine and KissMetrics – amongst a host of others.
Imagine what your business would look like if you could replicate that.
Imagine the amount of exposure and opportunity you’d have if you could only get a FRACTION of that marketing reach.
Because Danny got opportunity and exposure (and business) aplenty.
And he puts it all down to his Secret Sauce – (which is a system and not a magic trick.)
I’m doing a live training event with Danny this Friday, 25th January, at 11am Eastern
Click here to register.
You see, I’m lucky enough to be in a mastermind group with Danny.
He’s delivered some VERY POWERFUL trainings in the past to his subscribers.
(If you’re already subscribed to his stuff, like I am, you will already have seen this and you can skip the rest of this email.)
I asked him to deliver the same training for you: handsome, loquacious and downright masterful reader of my daily missives.
Here’s what we’re covering this Friday:
- The step-by-step blueprint that Danny used to grow Firepole Marketing – his blog – from nothing to a multiple-six-figure business (that you can use, too!)
- The most important traffic strategy that real experts use (but aren’t teaching)
- Why being authentic is the BEST way to make the MOST money (and the only safe strategy in 2013)
- The counter-intuitive (but totally legit) way to get better results by doing much less work (this is the exact OPPOSITE of what most “gurus” are teaching!)
- The two most important metrics for any online business (hint: neither of them is traffic)
- How you can realistically replace a full-time income THIS YEAR
You know me – I recommend only stuff I recommend (right?). Life’s too short to listen to assholes pontificate about “theory”. This is meat and bone and gristle stuff.
I recommend you join us.
I’ll be doing much more free training this year (calendar is already filling up).
BUT I won’t do another one with Danny, and there will NOT be a recording of this training session.
–> Click here to register
I’ll be there. Will you?
PS – questions? Hit reply.
PPS – admonitions? Hit reply.
PPPS – love letters? Hit reply and include a photo.
The problem with email newsletters as a selling tool is that they’re impersonal.
And impersonal isn’t optimum for selling high-value services to interested prospects.
Sure, we can add clever bits of code to automagically insert YOUR FIRST NAME into the email to make it look personal.
But it’s not the same.
(Besides, you might not be collecting first names.)
Plus, the people who read what you send them are unlikely to be fooled so easily.
So, if you currently get a trickle of new newsletter subscribers every day, here’s something you might like to try:
My buddy Danny Iny from Firepole Marketing (who put together the brilliant “Write Like Freddy” last year) is giving away his 241-page book “Engagement from Scratch” right now.
Click here to get it (no strings).
I’d also recommend you watch the 8-minute video – if you get to the 4 minute 12 second mark, you’ll definitely want to watch the rest.
The book isn’t a crappy ebook. It’s an Amazon bestseller with 100+ 5-star reviews.
It’s about how to better build community (and business, of course) using the internet.
- How Guy Kawasaki’s pillars of enchantment can make people love you
- Brian Clark’s fool-proof method for finding exactly what people will buy
- Why building an audience is like starting a riot in London (Blog Tyrant)
- Derek Halpern’s formula for creating wildly popular blogs
- How to apply the 5 levels of networking like a superstar (Marcus Sheridan)
- Why your natural fear of engagement does not matter (Corbett Barr)
- How Alex Osterwalder built an audience with innovative business models
- How to get the whole internet to help you (Evan Carmichael)
Click here to get your hands on it.
Because we all love a freebie, right?
I’m taking the weekend off. You should, too.
PS I’m doing a webinar with Danny next week. Keep your eyes open.
PPS If you prefer to go ahead and buy it from Amazon, be my guest